07 November 2013

#IntPiPoMo is here again!

I may have mentioned that Dah and I are hoping to do a bit more writing this November, but I'm afraid my schedule is not going to permit me to tackle something as intense as NaNoWriMo. Still, be on the lookout for more fic posts! We're hoping to finally bust out of the Sadness Forever that is Zhu's Watch and finally get into the rest of the Pandaria story.

1 Just kidding. I'm afraid it's all sadness, all the time in this fanfiction.
2 I'm still working on my quests so the plot can advance! Drink in my shirtless companion!
There is another way to get out 50,000 words, and that is through International Picture Posting Month, originally started by Angelya and this year spearheaded by Jojo of Admiring Azeroth. The premise is simple: if a picture is worth a thousand words, then 50 pictures (or in our case, screenshots) are surely worth 50,000 of them!

Sadly, with my new econo-lappy (names changed to protect those involved) I feel a lot less excited about taking screenshots, both because they don't look that great and also because taking them sometimes sends the graphics into a shame spiral requiring several minutes to recover from.

3 Look at that spectacular view distance. LOOK AT IT.


Still, I do have some news that I am happy to share! The other night, as I was moping around, extremely disappointed that I had NOT KNOWN that the Marionette pet had become permanent (spoiler alert: I didn't get one this year and they are being sold for like 800g WTF GUYS), and my very first GM whispered me. Yes, that's right, when Aka was but a wee calf still learning the ways of teh durids, a classmate invited me to her guild. When I moved abroad, I had to leave them behind in order to switch servers, and the guild eventually disbanded as many of the raiders left to do other things.

WELL they are back in business, and it just so happens that they do not have many raiding druids. Perhaps the sweetest thing he said to me, after I had disclosed that I had almost no experience raiding this xpac, was that he knows I'm a good player and could easily be caught up. Ahh, my bolstered ego.

omg. much heartwarming. very feels.
Sadly, I'm not financially ready to server transfer yet, so I started a bank toon to get into the guild and check out the atmosphere. As much as I love the new pandaren starting zone, I decided to go with a goblin because they can be guilded right from the beginning, and who doesn't appreciate their undeniable sass?

4 Running through the forest, feeling so FREE-HEE-hee
5 I will never get over how colorful and comedic this starting zone is. Not to mention the music is fantastic!
6 "All you have to do is climb on top of that huge pile of explosives" WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN

No comments:

Post a Comment